Reason for hard and bloated abdomen causing discomfort?

My lower abdomen is very tight and hard as a bowling ball. I don't really have any pain, but it is uncomfortable. When I lay down my abdomen is very hard and bloated.
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: would like to have few answers. Detailed Answer: Hello, I would like to have few answers. Do you have constipation? Have you had any abdominal or other surgery in the recent past. Do you have any gynecological problems like Fibroid or cyst? Whether your menstrual periods or regular or irregular? Do you have any menstrual problems like excessive bleeding or discharge etc? Waiting for your response
Follow-up: Reason for hard and bloated abdomen causing discomfort? 56 minutes later
I am a bit constipated but not painfully so. When I lie down on my back, my abdomen is very hard and tight and it feels like there's a large ball in my abdomen. No recent surgeries. I had surgery years ago (1983) and my uterus and one ovary was removed. A few months ago, I started using Estrace for estrogen replacement.
Brief Answer: May be Ovarian cyst. Ultrasound Abdomen, Pelvis Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your reply. I suspect this bloating and constipation may be due to any intraabdominal lump or cyst which compress and cause these symptoms. The mass or lump may be in the Ovary that is left after surgery or from any other intraabdominal organs. Now you need thorough physical examination of abdomen and simple Ultrasound abdomen and pelvis. If it is due to ovarian cyst, you need surgeon advice regarding the need of removal. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.