Ask a Urologist   »  

Reason for getting pain in groin area while urination?

Mate told me sometimes when he urinates standing up get intense pain in his right groin leg area and can move for awhile till the pain goes ?
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 12 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Pain radiating to groin while urination suggest possibly cystitis or lower ureteric calculus.
If pain is severe in intensity then you need to contact emergency room. Otherwise routine appointment with your physician will work.
Meanwhile ask him to drink plenty of water and take analgesics which give symptomatic relief.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.