Reason for flutter in neck and coughing?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
Hi, I've been having a flutter in my neck on the right side that sometimes flutters so hard I have to cough. The flutter comes from the thyroid area. I've had my thyroid checked twice this year. Blood work and scan. They say my thyroid is normal
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 hours later
Brief Answer: CT scan of neck. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. What I can decipher from your history is there can be mass or something in the right side of neck that causes the irritation of the nerves supplying the laryngeal muscles and causing you to cough. Repeat the CT scan of neck if already done. This may find the reason behind flutter. a check up with an ENT Specialist would also help. Wish you good health. Regards,