Reason for fluid discharge with blood from clitoris?

Mar 2014
my clitoris is leaking fluid from it sometimes it just gushes out for no reason look like mucus when you are excited has a tinge of blood with it and looks like i have a small pea like bump on my clitoris what could it be. it does not hurt just bothersom
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Madhuri N Bagde 1 hour later
Brief Answer: May be a cyst Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand that you have a small lump on the clitoris and mucus and blood come out from that lump occasionally. The commonest cause of such a lump is a sebaceous cyst or a cyst caused by an ingrown hair. They occur due to blocking of the opening of sebaceous glands that are normally present in the pubic area and lead to collection of secretions. Sometimes the secretions become tense and leak out on minor trauma. However presence of blood in the secretions is a cause of concern for me. Very rarely cancers of the clitoris like melanoma can give rise to lumps that leak fluid and blood. I suggest that you check to see if the lump is hard or soft and if you are able to move the lump. A soft mobile lump suggests a cyst which can be easily removed. Other causes may be infection either due to bacteria or viruses. Again these are treatable. Also it is advisable that you see your gynecologist [Maybe some other doctor who would be more receptive]. Please get this lump examined. If it is an infection, simple antibiotics and warm compresses will help in healing. Hope I was able to help you. I would be happy to answer any further queries and feel free to ask them anytime. Dr. Madhuri Bagde Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist [ I am extremely sorry as the previous doctor one was non responsive. This information makes me more diligent towards my patients. I also understand that it is difficult for females to discuss issue related to private parts and feel it is entirely my failure if my patients are unable to discuss their problems with me, I am sorry once more]
Follow-up: Reason for fluid discharge with blood from clitoris? 6 hours later
The lump is soft and movable but I will get it checked It seems to leak after I take a bath or shower and then it stops. Thanks
Brief Answer: Soft lump may be a cyst. Detailed Answer: Thanks once again, Do get it checked as it will help in proper management. Take care. I am always there to answer queries so feel free to ask.