Reason for conducting IX test for child?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My daughter had an ix test done without my knowledge and doctors will not tell me the results. Could you please tell me the reasons why they would have done this.
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Are you sure its IX test or IQ test Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. If you are sure it is ix test then it is factor ix assay to rule out hemophilia b. This is a clotting disorder. Tests could have been done if she had a wound and it didn't clot soon. Let me know the full name of the test to help you further. Regards Dr Arun