Ask a Urologist   »  

Reason for chronic flank pain, blood in urine, nausea?

I have had chronic gnawing flank pain for a year.blood in urine,nausea.ultrasounds v.c.colonoscopy is all clearl...I have tried to continube on but fee unwell I am 68 and have always had photography.I am due to my urologist next week. I feel very unwell and have had to give up my work endoscopy and colonoscopy normalw
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Due to renal cause. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The pain in the flanks with blood in the urine is likely to be due to a urinary infection or calculi. To confirm the diagnosis, you can get a routine urine examination done which will show pus cells and protein in the urine. If it is actually a urinary tract infection, then you need antibiotics to treat your problem. For symptomatic relief, you need to have plenty of fluids as you are already taking and do take plenty of fresh cranberry juice. Another possible cause can be a renal or a urinary tract calculus which is lodged in the tract somewhere and due to the mucosal injury it is causing, slight bleeding is there. It is best to consult a Urologist and get the proper investigations done. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL