Reason for chills, increased heart beat, and discomfort in head?

I am 43 year Old female I am taking Synthroid. No other medical issues that I am aware of. The past few days I have been getting chill like feeling my lakes or bottom half hip down would feel like a chill hair-raising experience comes and goes or upper body arms hair-raising experience chill like feeling but I don't have a fever and I am not sick I am concerned and worried obviously if it's an infection somewhere in my body. I also have these strange feelings at night when I'm going to sleep this is been going on for a few years it comes and goes and he came back last night my head feels like it's going into a deep sleep and my heart begins to race but it's not racing it's just palpitating very hard and my mind goes so deep I feel like I'm not coming back or waking back up very nerve-racking. Sorry for a long message really want to know what's going on with the chills is this something serious?
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 29 hours later
Brief Answer: Mood-elevating drugs will give near-total relief Detailed Answer: Hi Ms. XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Kindly intimate if - you have had menopause recently - you are on any hormonal treatment, apart from Synthroid. - you are passing through chronic mental stress/anxiety or have any mental/personal worries nagging your mind? You are most welcome to share everything with me, as the required information will certainly give great insight into the exact genesis of your problems. Further, it is certainly NOT an infection or a heart problem. Your symptoms are highly suggestive of either Menopausal/Peri-menopausal syndrome; or, acute panic attacks. You would need to be put on HRT (hormone replacement therapy), in case you have already had menopause or are in the pre-menopausal stage. In both conditions, that is, Peri-menopausal syndrome, as well as, acute panic attacks, Xanax (0.5mg) thrice daily would give you substantial/near-total relief. The dose of Xanax may, however, need to be modified according to the response. Consult your Gynecologist and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with me and prescribe the advised treatment in appropriate doses. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal