Reason for child's small head despite reaching all developmental milestones?

Pediatric Endocrinology question... My four m.o. son has a small head (15%ile at 2 months, 13‰ile at 4 months). Not tested yet but referred to ped. endocrinologist. Huge growth spurt (35‰ to 71%). Grew blonde pubic hair (1\2 inch) in only three days. Reaching all developmental milestones. Microcephaly? Cytomegalovirus through breast milk? I had shingles in 2011, symptoms in 2012, frequent tingling in infection site. Should I stop breastfeeding just in case?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 days later
Brief Answer: Continue breast feeding Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Sorry for the delay in answering. I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Endocrinology, working with an experienced Pediatric endocrinologist. I answer on his behalf. The clinical condition your son has could be related to congenital malformation of the central nervous system or due to pituitary gland anomaly which also can be congenital. The root cause of both could be infections in you during pregnancy but not related to the breast milk now. I suggest you not to stop breast feeding. Do continue without doubt. Regards,