Reason for bruised indent on lower back without pain?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2014
Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
Bruised indent new on lower back, doesn't hurt, but freaking me out. What could this be?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could be Spondylolisthesis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. It could be Spondylolisthesis where there is forward displacement of one of the lower lumbar vertebrae over the vertebra below it or over the sacrum can cause a step or indentation. This condition would be a close possibility to explain your symptoms. However we would need plain radiographs (X-ray) to confirm the possibility. Therefore I suggest you to visit your nearest orthopedic for careful examination. He/she can guide you in getting X-rays of the affected area. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care