Reached menopause. Feel excessive body heat. Feel like changing clothes. What can be done?

When I move around the ,body heat can be so severe that I feel the need to rewash or/and change to dry clothing. Stopped menstual cycles about 10 years ago. Symptoms since childhood.10 to 30 pounds over. More severe since 2012.
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Thyroid profile test and blood sugar levels

Detailed Answer:
Hi nunnallys,
Thanks for using XXXXXXX

Being a GP, If someone comes to my clinic with such complaints I will first rule out following in the order of priority with examination and investigations.
1. thyroid problem
2. hypoglycemia

So with the symptoms I first advice you to get thyroid profile test done, in case of hyperthyroidism there will be increased sensitivity to heat and excess sweating. If you get any abnormality in thyroid function test needs to be evaluated further by endocrinologist

In case of reduced blood sugar levels in blood also causes sweating and easy fatigue.Get your fasting and post prandial blood sugar test done.
You can wear cotton light colored clothes.

Hope I answered your question.
Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.