Raw throat, left-side ear pain, runny nose, no appetite. Moved to another place. Do I have a cold or allergies ?

Question
Help. Do I have a cold or allergies.
I have a raw throat, left-side ear pain, runny nose, can't bend over without dripping, sneezing almost non stop, repetetive 3-4 sneezes at a time, that rock my sore body. no appetite due to horrible taste in mouth, aching body. About 20 years ago I had severe allergies, they just went away.
Everyone said I would be sure to get them again when I moved to Middle Tennessee. I've been here over 12 years and this is the first time I appear to have them What should I do?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 46 minutes later
Hello;
From your history I understand that you had some allergies that have gone by and not reverted back.
The symptoms you have right now raw throat,left sided ear pain,runny nose,sneezing and bodyache suggest that this is viral cold and not allergy.
Presently I would suggest you to take inhalation of few drops of Eucalyptus oil by putting in hot water or Karvol capsules by putting it on a handkerchief.
For body pain you can take a tablet of Tylenol and if the pain is severe and you are not allergic or asthmatic you may even take Motrin with it.
For sneezing and runny nose medicines like Claritin(Loratidine ) can be helpful.
If the symptoms do not get better in a day or two it will be advisable for you to consult a doctor and get treated.
Hope this answer is helpful to you.
In case of any other query please write back and I shall help you.
Please accept this answer if you have no further queries.
Warm regards