Raw ring appeared inside lips and getting burning sensation. How to get rid of this?

several weeks ago a raw ring just inside my lips appeared. The burning happens sharply when heat, or spices touch my lips. or i use toothpaste. Feels like chapped lips, but its not. it happened before, only on the outside of my lips. The only way i could get rid of it was by putting iodine on it. i tried everything else, including abreva.
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Thanks for writing to us,
Raw ring like appearance on inner side of lip with burning on contact to spices and heat, classically describes Lichen Planus.
You have also mentioned a history of Raynaud's.
Lichen planus can be associated with this.
It is an autoimmune disorder, where there appears a bluish itchy lesion on skin and burning whitish lesions on oral mucosa.
Sometimes, only the oral mucosa can be involved, called as mucosal lichen planus.
It can be confirmed by doing a mucosal biopsy.

Kindly send a photograph of the lesion, if possible.
It will be a great help to me in diagnosing your condition.

You can apply triamcinalone paste, thrice daily. This will be of great help in decreasing the burning sensation as well as healing the lesions.

Hope I answered your query,
Feel free to ask any further doubt.

Thank you