Raw feeling inside lips. What this could be?

The insides of my mouth , mostly around my lips have been kinda raw for several weeks do you have any idea what that is?
I do not have chapped lips. I Haven't drank any hot drinks to burn my mount.
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later

These are oral sores or oral ulcers that occurs due to several possible causes among which the most common are use of alcohol, cigarette smoking, infections (fungal, bacterial or viral), vitamin B complex deficiency and a chemical known SLS often present in tooth paste.

These ulcers heals spontaneously once the source is removed. However if it still persists or increases then antiseptic oral sprays like solophar oral spray and some antiseptic mouth wash are quite helpful. You can also start on Tablet Centrum 1 tablet once daily with meals.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Follow-up: Raw feeling inside lips. What this could be? 27 hours later
I dont have oral sores so this is not the problem. I have had those before and I know what they are, but this is not the problem. it is general all over not in little spots like an ulcer is.Also I dont smoke and rarely drink alcohol I will try using just baking soda for toothpaste and see if that is it. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 27 minutes later

Thanks for the reply.

Raw oral mucosa is usually the results of inflammation. The factors that I mentioned earlier can be the cause of such inflammation.

I hope you feel better with baking soda. In addition I also urge you to use Vitamin - B complex supplement available over the counter at your pharmacy.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Take care and Regards