Rashes on inside of thigh, pus filled boils, red bumps. Painful and discomfort. What are these bumps?

Jul 2012

i have rashes that come up on the inside of my thighs my waist line and on my buttox. these rashes consist of what seems to be puss filled boils and little red bumps. some of the red bumps seem to be white heads but some are just plain red bumps. the boils can be very uncomfortable and painful until they finally burst after they become filled with puss. the rash never seems to disapear whether its hot or cold outside. i have had the same type of thing ever since i was probably 13 or so. what are these bumps and boils, what causes them and how do i get rid of them?
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 40 minutes later
Hi there. I read your problem with interest. If the problem has been persistent since age 13 & that's a decade now, then i suggest the order of the day is to fix an appointment with your dermatologist & go in for a skin biopsy & histopathological diagnosis. It is very possible to be a form of 'impetigo' or bacterial infection but if it is localised to an area, one needs to consider other dermatological diagnoses & the dermatologist will have to take it into account any similar family history, observe if the fluid level in the boils is at any 'level' & take a more detailed history from you vis-a-vis does this rash worsen when you ingest gluten/wheat products etc. The cause will be certain once the biopsy report comes in & this will be more definitive than speculating what it may be. Getting rid of them may then require a treatment tailored to that diagnoses but dont worry, it appears a problem easily resolved with the right scientific approach but will persist if you go in for short-gap i encourage you to go in for a skin biopsy that is a simple office procedure & will not set you back too much at all. Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr XXXXXXX Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital , Bangalore