Rashes on face and body, cetrizine, change of facial soap, allergy, blood sugar level, moisturizer, nourishing diet

my mom is getting rashes on her face, its not curing from many days she is feeling uncomfortable. she took cetrizine yesterday
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Follow-up: Rashes on face and body, cetrizine, change of facial soap, allergy, blood sugar level, moisturizer, nourishing diet 7 minutes later
she is getting rashes reddish in colour and now its starting all over the body
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 7 minutes later

Skin rashes at times is challenging to treat.

First of all, one should try to find out the cause for the rash.

Please look for following possible reasons,

1. Did your mother change her facial soap or face wash recently? It may be a cause.

2.Is she using any cream or lotion that was not previously used by her?

3. Did she do any make up or facial treatment recently?

4. Is there rash on any other body parts?

Please look for any of the above mentioned cosmetic reasons.

In case of Allergy, avoiding the causative factor should give lasting relief.

Please consult your family physician first and try to find out the cause. Apart from this, your mother may undergo blood sugar estimation and blood counts as per advise. After that your doctor will give a course of anti allergic medicines like Cetrizine, which she needs to take for about 10-15 days to control the allergic rash. In good number of cases, the rash responds well and goes away.

Ask her to apply some moisturizer like Vaseline or some oil on her face at night, which will prevent drying and helps to reduce the itching also. Please avoid using any chemical on face at present.

She need to take plenty of fluids orally and good nourishing diet.

I hope this helps her, I will be available for follow up queries if you have any.

Wishing her good health.