Rashes, itching. Taken Avil and Dexa. What is the reason?

Hi, I got some rashes with itching sensationtwo days back and went to a general doctor. It was suspected as allergic to insect bite or food and was given injection Avil and Dexa, 2cc. The rashes went off in a hours time . But got the same problem in the evening. Im taking table Allercet 1-0-1.Doctor has given this for 3 days. The rashes are still there on 2nd day. Can you advise what is the reason and if it will get ok after 3 days of medication. There is no change in the food that was taken recently.
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 38 hours later
Dear friend,

Can you describe the rash well here?
Was it raised, reddish? Any particular distribution on the body?
Was there any fever?

Since they got better with avil and dexa, they are likely allergic.
But if the allergen (the one causing the allergy)is still present, they may persist till it is removed.
Are the rashes lesser with allercet?
What all things contacted the area involved?

Try to look for any particular thing precipitating the rash and avoid if found.

You could continue oral steroid (dexa) 2 times a day or so under doctor's guidance.
The rash should disappear. Continuing allercet (an anti allergic) is ok.
Keep a watch for breathlessness, hoarseness, facial swelling, giddiness etc.(signs of widespread allergy).

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress.

Good Luck!

May I request for your rating and review of this answer before you close the query? (Now or after any follow up questions are answered)

Thank you!