Rashes appeared under biceps, forarms, torso sides and inner thighs. What could this be?

Question
For One week now, I have "rashes" that resemble bug bites on my under biceps, forarms, torso sides, and inner thighs (groin area). It first started in the under bidep areas. I have had an exterminator check for bedbugs and fleas. no pests. I also wake up with a bit of weezing (non-smnoker). I checked the internet and it could be mites? or is it an alergy all of a sudden (no diet changes).
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 18 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Allergy could be a cause of those rashes. Are they associated with itching?

The wheezing that you are complaining of could also be because of allergy.

Is there any past history of asthma? Does any other members of the family have asthma or other allergies like skin allergy or allergic rhinitis (nose allergy) or allergic conjunctivitis? (asking this because allergies run in family)

In case of skin allergy anti histaminics prescribed by your doctor after examination will be useful. Calamine lotion application helps.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask further queries as required.

Follow-up: Rashes appeared under biceps, forarms, torso sides and inner thighs. What could this be? 29 minutes later
No aleergies in the past. no family hostory either. No asthma histories. The weezing is slight only, a few coughs and it is gone. Only occurs in the morning. The bites-rash itch a lot. the bumps are the size of a smal mosquito bite. no rings around the bumps. slightlly red in color. they appear only in those areas previously described (not on the neck, face or lower legs) the first area affected was the under bicep area, then spread to forearms, torso sides, and then inner thighs in the last 3 days.

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 4 minutes later

Changing the room and sleeping on a different mattress would identify if the problem is caused by any bites.

If the allergy is confirmed by your doctor on physical examination then antihistaminics, calamine lotion etc prescribed by him would help. The cough with wheezing could also be a part of the allergy.

Hope this helps.
Continue to ask further queries as required.