Rashes appeared and body started decaying. What could be the disease?

I saw someone who had what started out to be a rash then the person started to decay I asked a what I presumed to be a doctor who answered what I think to be clept or cleps or cleft could anyone tell me what it was that I heard?
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

The condition you mentioned above appears to be a Gangrene.

Gangrene is a condition that arises when a considerable mass of body tissue dies.This may occur after an injury or infection, or blockade in blood circulation which results in cell death.

It can start with a superficial rash and then proceed to decay.

Injury or infection may lead to what is called Cellulitis which may further proceed to cause the gangrene.

A bacteria named Clostridium perfringens can also be a cause for such an infective gangrene.I may consider it was Clost what doctor was referring to the bacteria.

I would like to know some more information to be more specific.

The age , sex, medical history , and other of the person who had the condition.

Anticipating your response,
Follow-up: Rashes appeared and body started decaying. What could be the disease? 4 hours later
is there anything you can do to prevent the rotting ?

Also if you were burnt with magnesium is it likely that you would lose feeling over time in that area of the body? for example on the leg.

And would this have the same effect of mass of body tissue dieing over time?

someone I know was deliberately burnt with magnesium in an attack on a bus, now (over 1 month later) she has lost feeling in her leg. Also not long after the attack she had a serious fever.

And can Clost be delivered with magnesium in such attack ?

As for the first person I described I do not know what led to the condition that I described. I believe the first person is dead I did not get a chance to get any background info.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Establishing a good uninterrupeted blood supply to the part affected and starting him/her on antibiotics specially targeted to clostridium (if it is the cause) would prevent the necrosis.

Yes, if the superficial layers of the skin is involved there are chances of loosing the sensation.There are nerve endings in the skin which carry the touch,pain and temperature sense.If they destroyed and replaced by scar tissue then its more likely that the person have sensory disturbances over the affected part.

No , loss of sensation does not always precede tissue death.

Clostridium is usually found in soil, wounds contaminated with such soil can have the infection.Yes there are chances when the Mg burnt skin exposed to unsterilised things or soil.

Hope I answered your doubts,

Wish you good health.