Rashes and burning sensation on scrotum. Used quadriderm-rf ointment. How to get rid of this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello Doctor, last year I had red rashes on my scortum for which I used Quadriderm-RF ointment. Visibly, nothing seems to be wrong with my groin/scortum/penile shaft, however, very uncomfortable with feeling of wetness, sticky skin, burning sensation, as if pubic hair on the scortum is getting pulled and also, sensation of poking needles on the shaft and scortum. I have been using antifungal powder (Abzorb) which provides a very temporary relief. Request advice please, my quality of life, especially when I have to sit in office for long hours, is severely impacted.
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 25 minutes later
From the information you submitted I suspect that you are dealing with a mild fungal infection. Along with the fungal infection there can sometimes be some inflammation which causes redness, itching and peeling of the skin. Keeping the area dry and changing your undergarments twice a day will help in decreasing the recurrence.

The generally best way to treat this is with a topical cream which has both a mild steroid element and an antifungal cream. The active ingredients of this cream includes hydrocortisone and the antifungal clotrimazole. Your doctor will be able to provide you with a prescription for this. The brand name of the cream is Lotrisone.

I would expect the areas of irritation to slowly respond and improve over two to three weeks. In case the irritation persists then you need to consult your dermatologist for systemic anti fungal medicines. You can continue using Abzorb powder thrice daily.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Rashes and burning sensation on scrotum. Used quadriderm-rf ointment. How to get rid of this? 27 minutes later
Thank you Dr. Tayal for your prompt response, I will proceed with treatment as suggested. Just for your information, 30 minutes after using Abzorb powder, I feel wetness in my underwear and also a cooling sensation as if the scortum is on "ice" - like menthol.

Kind Regards
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 21 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The wetness and cooling sensation is normal after using the powder. You can continue using it. Oral antifungal medicines may be needed for a long term relief.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.