Rash on torso, side of breast. Itchy, constantly tired, affecting periods

May 2013
Hi, I just finished my period, well 3 days of it, and now am absolutely exhausted, i also noticed a rash on my torso and side of breast, not itchy, I just seem to be tired constantly, is it my age and is that affecting my periods as well, I am 41, thankyou.
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

usually some amount of exhaustion is common during and after periods due to,
-decreased levels of hormones- estrogen and progesterone,
-in case of excessive blood loss possibility of anemia,
-pain during periods due to release of prostaglandins,
-psychological stress etc

the rash could be possibly because of flaring up of chronic dermatitis due to stress and fatigue of periods affecting the immune system.

age may also be contributing to these changes by causing generalized decreased strength, increased fluctuation of hormones etc,

usually these symptoms will subside soon, you can once consult gynecologist and undergo general examination, and check for hemoglobin level and blood sugar levels.
possibly with iron, multi vitamin supplementation and nutritious diet your fatigue will decreased.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.