Rash on stomach, unpleasant appearance. Had oxycodone earlier. Is this harmful?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I just recently broke out with a rash on the left side of my stomach from below my brest to above my hip. Itdoesnt itch but looks awful. It showed up not that long after a 10mg dose of oxycodone. I have been prescribed that before for my previous surgeries and never broke out in a rash. Wondering what this could be and if it could be harmful?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
It is important to remember that one can develop an allergy to any drug at any point in time. Further, drug allergies can manifest as localized rashes. However, these rashes are frequently accompanied by itching, burning and pain. So given your history, it is unlikely that you developed a drug allergy.

Since there are multiple possibilities in this case, I would request you to upload a picture of the rash so that I can help you better. You can do so by using the "Upload your report" application on the right.

Awaiting your reply