Rash on scrotum, skin peeling on inner thigh, red in color. Treatment ?

Question
Hi, i need help, i have a very severe rash on my scrotum. The skin on my inner thigh is peeling and my scrotum is very itchy/sensitive. It is a rigid texture with a very reddish colour. It started three days ago on one side, and looks like it is happening on the left side as well. I have tried gold bond, hydrochortisone, and lotion. Neither of which has worked. I am very desperate and need your help.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 40 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Based on the history given, it seems that you might be having a fungal infection called Tinea cruris.

Since treatment with steroid creams have not helped, to make a proper diagnosis and to rule out other conditions, a visual look at the lesion will be very helpful.

I can help you more, if you can send me images of the rash. You could mail them to ‎ YYYY@YYYY with special attention to Dr. Deepak as the subject.

Please do confirm by writing here after mailing the pictures, as to suggest you at the earliest.

I would like to provide you with specific suggestions after going looking at the photo.

Awaiting your response.‎