Rash on neck, scalp, ears, scrotum, bulge near anus, skin protrusion

have been suffering from
1) Rash on the back of my neck, scalp, ears- Its very itchy and powder comes off when scratched
2) Scrotum, anal area is very very itchy and some gray powder comes off when scratched. Its gets worse at nights while sleeping.
3) Bulge and roughness near anal area
4) Some skin protrusion, small kind of hanging extension near anus
5) Rashes on my arms which gets very itchy when exposed to sun
6) Some scars due to itching on my legs below knee

I am really suffering this from many years (some of these) and its kind of gives mental suffering also.

Can you please examine what is this and prescribe some remedy or suggest a good doctor/dermatologist in Bangalore.

Thanks & Regards,
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 19 minutes later

I think you are suffering from Seborrheic and endogenous dermatitis. It is a chronic disease with a long up and down course. I would request you to please send me your lesions' pics to YYYY@YYYY . Subject: Attn Dr. Gaurang. I can then examine the lesions and give you a better opinion.

Do not forget to reply here after sending the pictures also as I can answer only over this forum.

In Bangalore you may consult Dr Venkatram Mysore and give my reference.

I shall be available for any further queries you have.

Follow-up: Rash on neck, scalp, ears, scrotum, bulge near anus, skin protrusion 15 hours later
Pictures received at YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 7 hours later
Thanks for the pics. They were helpful. You have moderate to severe widespread endogenous dermatitis commonly known as eczema. I see that you have been scratching them a lot particularly the thiigh, scrotal and anal areas. The growth near the anus is called sentinel pile (skin tag) which is a result of excessive scratching. The pimple is a simple cyst. I suggest you start taking sedative antihistaminics at night and potent steroid cream twice daily on the lesions. Do a lot of moisturization. I can not give you a prescription here. In bengaluru you can XXXXXXX Dr Venkatram Mysore.
I hope I have answered your query. feel free to ask any further questions.
Follow-up: Rash on neck, scalp, ears, scrotum, bulge near anus, skin protrusion 51 minutes later

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have some good information now.

I would like to know if eczema is the cause for my rashes on back of neck, scalp, forearm and legs?

You mentioned about Sentinel Pile. Does it mean that I suffer from "Piles".

Does both "Eczema" and "Sentinel Pile" have a permanent solution, or it is a chronic disease?

I shall consult Dr. Venkatram as per your advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 4 minutes later

Thanks for following up.

Yes everything you have seems to be eczema ( or endogenous dermatitis as we call it).

Sentinel pile does not mean that you have piles. It just a term given to that skin growth. It has nothing to do with PILES disease. It seen in eczema patients due to chronic scratching.

As for the CURE, eczema is notorious for coming and going. Once resolved, it may come back again. But the good thing is that it can be managed easily. I have seen patients who get the relapses after a very long time and a few of them did not get any relapse at all. So that's not a thing to worry about a lot. It is just that you will have to take some extra care of your skin.

All the Best.