Rash on neck, itching, swollen and red bump on eye, applying calagel. What could it be?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hi ther Dr.Grief. I have a rash with about 4 bumps in the center of my neck. They itch pretty bad. It started about 2 night ago. I also woke up with one little bump under my left eye. My eyes are both a little swollen and red. Now this has happen before about 2 weeks ago the same thing happen and went away within 4 days. But now it came back and has me pretty nervous. I have been putting calagel on it for the itiching. I havent had any fevers?? What could it be? Should I be worried?
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 57 minutes later
Hi Dear,

Thanks for writing in.

The rash you are describing can be folliculitis,seborrheic dermatitis, fungal infection , folliculitis ,insect bite etc.

If you can upload good quality photos of the affected skin ,it will help a lot in predicting the condition.

Also I would like to know-

Is it scaly?

Itching is present more in day or night?

Is it responding to calagel?

Does it discharge pus ?

Please answer the above questions to help you better.

Till then you can take tab .zyrtec for itching.
Apply moisturizer cream on affected area.

Anticipating your reply.

DrSudarshan

Follow-up: Rash on neck, itching, swollen and red bump on eye, applying calagel. What could it be? 13 minutes later
Is it scaly? the one on my neck yes, very little

Itching is present more in day or night? more at night, well today it has been but our a/c at my office isnt working so I don't think the sweat is helping.

Is it responding to calagel? yes it helps with itching, there is redness but I think that may be due to scratching.

Does it discharge pus ? No, No pus.

How do I send you pictures?

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 6 minutes later
Hi again,

Thanks for the details.

You can upload the images by "upload your images" section on right hand side of this box.

Images will be helpful a lot.

Regards.

Follow-up: Rash on neck, itching, swollen and red bump on eye, applying calagel. What could it be? 9 minutes later
I dont see a section on right hand side of this box. I do see a Reports attached to this Query. Is that where I send them?

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 10 hours later
Hi again,

Ive gone through the pictures uploaded by you.

It appears that you have developed contact dermatitis.

What you need to do is-

Apply calamine lotion twice a day.

Apply Hydrocortisone cream once a day .

Take tablet zyrtec twice a day .

The lesions should subside in 1 week .

Hope This helps.

DrSudarshan

Follow-up: Rash on neck, itching, swollen and red bump on eye, applying calagel. What could it be? 13 hours later
Thank you for your help.

Hi again,

If you have liked my answer please accept it and rate it at the end.

Regards.