Rash on labia majora, burning sensation, White vaginal discharge. What is it?

Hi, I have a question for you. About 3 days ago I noticed I had some sort of rash/bumps on my Labia Majora, that burns & I tried to bust them or see what it was. But nothing came out. NO bumps are in the vagina it self. But the rash/bumps are sore. And I have a vaginal discharge also that is white. Can you tell me what this might could be? I'm freaking out right now. Cause I really just don't know what to do.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 25 minutes later
It seems you may have bartholin's cyst. Its basically blocked glands causing a bump. Usually they disappear or reslove on their own. But in some cases,they might be infected causing pain,soreness,dysparunia. Another possibility is and STI which is in the early phases. Herpes is most common. It looks similar to a cyst in the early phase but eventually becomes a blister after few days. So if you see any such transformation go see your doctor immediately. If not,its possibly a cystic collection,and if it doesnt resolve within a few days,or you get discharge from the bump,then you will need antibiotics/drainage.
Till then,avoid sexual intercourse,maintain good hygiene, sietz bath with hot water should help.
Follow-up: Rash on labia majora, burning sensation, White vaginal discharge. What is it? 19 minutes later
OK, so if its a bartholin's cyst or a cystic collection. Is there anything I can put on it to make it stop burning/hurting?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 4 minutes later
If there is soreness,most probably there might be infection. Applying any ointment etc wont help.Hot fomentation will help.Sit in a tub of hot water and some betadine solution to it. You can take some ibuprofen for the pain. But if the cyst is infected,you will need antibiotics so watch for a 2-3 days only.