Rash on elbows, knuckles and knees blistering and itching. Strep negative. Started Clomid and Metformin. History of MS and PCOS.

Rash on elbows, knuckles, knees. History of ms and pcos. Just started Clomid and Metformin 3 weeks ago. Rash is blistering and itches. Had strep 2 weeks ago. Strep culture today came back negative.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later

The symptoms that you are currently having can be due to several reasons including psoriasis, drug allergies, eczema, dermatomyositis amongst others. I would suggest that you can take Tablet Zyrtec 1 tablet daily for the itching.

As I believe that more information can help a physician come to an accurate diagnosis, I would request you to answer the following questions:
a. Do you have any other symptoms along with the rash?
b. Is there any discoloration around your eyes?
c. Do you have a rash anywhere else on your body?

It would be useful if you could upload a picture of the rash in the upload reports section visible on the right side of this page.

Awaiting your reply.

Follow-up: Rash on elbows, knuckles and knees blistering and itching. Strep negative. Started Clomid and Metformin. History of MS and PCOS. 11 hours later
Hi and thanks for your reply,

I uploaded some pictures as requested. No other symptoms to report. I have no discoloration around my eyes. The rash is just on my joints basically... knuckles, elbows and knees.
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 12 hours later

Thanks for reverting.

I would suggest that you see your dermatologist who can perform a complete evaluation and prescribe appropriate therapy. From what I could infer, you could possibly be suffering from psoriasis or eczema.

Till you see your dermatologist, I would suggest the following measures:

a. You can take Tablet Zyrtec 10mg 1 tablet daily after food to relieve the itching.
b. If you have noticed white scales on the lesions, an oatmeal bath will prove useful. Mixing 1 cup oatmeal in a tub of water will prove useful.
c. Sunlight may help relieve your symptoms but be careful to not get sunburned.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.