Rash on elbow and neck, warm to touch. Treatment for ringworm with lotrimin. Is this allergic reactions?

for the past week:

my neck sweats at night even though it is cool in the room.

i get a rash on my elbow pits and the front of my neck...warm to the touch...comes and goes lasting for several minutes at a time. looks like it's the sweat glands that are raised, warm and red.

fyi: i am also treating ringworm with over the counter lotrimin...for the last 4 weeks.

i have not changed any skin care products so i can't imagine it's an allergic reaction

Posted Fri, 6 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chandana Krishna 3 hours later

Thank you for writing in.

It may be due to medications you are currently on. And sweating is a good response.

It may also be due to other causes like insect bite, any allergen in food.

There are many causes for allergic manifestations.

You can confirm it by getting an Absolute Eosinophil Count done.

Treatment will be:

-Oral Antihistamines like levocetrizine, Chlorpheniramine can improve the redness, pain effectively.
-Avoid hot baths and showers.
-Avoid irritating the area with tight-fitting clothing.
-If it’s spreading or is associated with breathing difficulty, you might need medical attention.

Kindly visit your physician and get the medicines prescribed.

If you have any queries, I'll be happy to help you.