Rash on body, peeling of skin, and itchy bumps on back. Experiencing shoulder pain. Related?

I have dermatitis and then developed strep and all the skin has peeled away from my arms which is now pink in colour the rest of my skin is same but my arms are all patchy what can I do to fix the this....I have used creams (Celestone) and antibiotics (erythromycin) for 3 weeks but it hasnt really heeled the rest of my dermatitis, my back and chest are the worst with raised pumps and very red and itchy. I was told by a specialist that i had dermatitis and that germs were found on my skin from scrapings the doctor did .. She also said because i work in child care this would be reoccurring . Any help at all would be greatly appreciated . Oh the places i have the rash is my feet, arms , hands, chest and shoulders and back. I also am experiencing shoulder pain in both shoulders could this be part of this .
Thank you
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for writing to us
You mentioned you have rash on body, peeling of skin, and itchy bumps on back.
These lesions are also positive for Staphylococcus, a bacterium.
Kids are more prone to bacterial infection and also they are carriers for bacteria, so your doctor has given a correct advice. You need to take full course of modern antibiotics like cephalosporins. Erythromycin is of not much use. Also topically apply ointment mupirocin. It has good anti staphylococcal activity. Scrupulous hand washing would also be required.
If possible kindly upload few photos of the lesions. It will help me in giving a closer diagnosis.
Thank you