Rash on belt line and under arm pits, itchy

I have a rash on my belt line and under my armpits. Started yesterday, it's itchy.
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 3 hours later

Most rashes are not XXXXXXX to a person unless they are part of an infectious disease such as chickenpox.

In adults mostly are due to allergies or contact irritation or focal self limiting infections. Many rashes last a while and get better on their own. Therefore the treatment offered is symptomatic for symptoms like itchy and/or dry skin for a few days to see whether the condition gets milder and goes away.

Non-prescription (over-the-counter) remedies include
•Anti-itch creams containing camphor, menthol, pramoxine (Itch-X, Sarna Sensitive), or diphenhydramine (Benadryl).
•Antihistamines like diphenhydramine (Benadryl), chlorpheniramine (Chlor-Trimeton), or loratadine (Claritin, Claritin RediTabs, Alavert); and cetirizine (Zyrtec).
•Moisturizing lotions.
Discuss with your pharmacist and see if you can get one from each group. The itch cream may be applied to the affected region thrice or 4 times a day, while oral antihistamines may be taken once a day at night.

If after this symptoms fail to resolve, then you will have to consider a visit to dermatologist.

I hope I have been helpful to you. Please ask if I have left any of your query unanswered or if there are any doubts

Wish you a speedy recovery.