Rash like red bugs, getting worse, using Lotrimin and Cortisone cream

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I recently went on a cruise and while there I broke it in a rash which began on one side and then spread to both. At first I thought it was red bugs, but it has been four weeks now and they seem to be getting worse please help I have been using lotrimin and cortisone cream.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later

If the rashes you have are generalized and are not improving with ointment lotrimin and cortisone cream then it needs a direct examination by a dermatologist for diagnosis.

Before commenting on the possibilities and treatment options, I would like you to answer the following questions

1. Has the rash spread from above downwards?
2. Do you notice any fluid filled boils or vesicles? What is the color of the rash?
3. Do you see some lesions improving and some worsening at the same time?
4. How long has it been since the rash has first appeared?
5. Please attach a picture of the rash on the right hand side of the query page. This will help me in understanding your problem better.

Awaiting your response

Wish you good health.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.