Rash around belt line above buttocks causing severe itching. What could it be?

Pimple type rash around my belt line above my right ass cheek. Itches like crazy and has been going on for a little over a week now. Only gets itchy around twice a day. What could this be.?
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
There could be many causes for such itchy rash in the concerned area. It could be due to allergic dermatitis, frictional due to clothing, milliaria, fungal, sweat induced, lichen planus etc.

As dermatology is completely a visual field, I would appreciate if you could upload an image of the concerned area.
Hoping to hear from you soon.