Rapid heart rate,tunnel vision,running,not sedentary.

I'm female, 47, BMI 27, and started the Couch to 5K program back in late October. So I'm not completely sedentary, but neither am I running a 5K every day. Today I walked up 2 flights of stairs and experienced a really pounding rapid heart and tunnel vision for about 10 minutes afterward. This does not happen when I alternate jog and run at the gym. Should I worry? Or just add incline to my treadmill workouts?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for your query,

At the age of 47 running or jogging is not advisable.We advice slow walking as running or jogging cause extra load on the heart and sometime may give heart problem like Coronary insufficiency

In your case as you feel the symptoms are more likely to arise a doubt of anginal pain.

You may be needing cardiac tests like ECG and treadmill test( stress test ).Consult your cardiologist for investigations and advice.

Meanwhile do avoid running or unaccustomed exertion and take rest.

This will satisfy your query,any more question please let me know,I will be please to post it.

With regards.