Random blood sugar is 230. Should I be worried about the findings?
User rating for this question
Hi, My husband has been diagnised with a RBS of 230 mg/dl. He also has FBS 130 mg/dl and PPBS of 166 mg/dl. Is this too high ? I am worried . Once diabetic always a diabetic?
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: value is not too high Detailed Answer: Hi, Your husband's values are not too high. Diabetes is a disease of lifestyle. When the lifestyle is good with healthy eating habits and regular exercise, Diabetes control can be excellent. Most the times, it needs medicines for life time. Your husband's reports are just above the normal range. This can be controlled with a small dose of oral anti-diabetic drugs like Metformin.
People also viewed
- Tonsillectomy recovery in 17 month old
- Fasting blood sugar is 102 should i be worried
- Shaking on microgestin 17 years old
- Tonsils 17 month old
- Usage of metatime 500
- Is 230 a high blood sugar count
- Fasting blood sugar 230
- Purpose of etura 500 medicine
- Random blood sugar is 230 is this bad
- Strocit 500 medicine used
- Urinating 17 weeks pregnant
- Duphaston and metformin 500 and hypoglycemia
- Vit b 50000 unit
- Blood sugar level of 230
- 17 year old with orange urine