Random blood sugar is 230. Should I be worried about the findings?
User rating for this question
Hi, My husband has been diagnised with a RBS of 230 mg/dl. He also has FBS 130 mg/dl and PPBS of 166 mg/dl. Is this too high ? I am worried . Once diabetic always a diabetic?
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: value is not too high Detailed Answer: Hi, Your husband's values are not too high. Diabetes is a disease of lifestyle. When the lifestyle is good with healthy eating habits and regular exercise, Diabetes control can be excellent. Most the times, it needs medicines for life time. Your husband's reports are just above the normal range. This can be controlled with a small dose of oral anti-diabetic drugs like Metformin.
People also viewed
- Diabetes and hot temper
- Scan done should i be worried about the findings
- Can diabetics take instaflex
- Diabetes induced by omnacortil
- Can a diabetic take kalms tablets
- Random blood sugar is 230 is this bad
- Treatment of monilial infection in diabetic toes
- Mri done should i be worried about the findings
- What does a glucose level of 120 mean
- What is bad about eating too much sweets
- Ultrasound done should i be worried about the findings
- Using betadine as a flea treatment
- What is the healthy blood sugar level for a 16 year old
- Fatty liver should i be worried about the findings
- Treatment for diabetes with low phosphate