Random blood sugar is 230. Should I be worried about the findings?

Hi, My husband has been diagnised with a RBS of 230 mg/dl. He also has FBS 130 mg/dl and PPBS of 166 mg/dl. Is this too high ? I am worried . Once diabetic always a diabetic?
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: value is not too high Detailed Answer: Hi, Your husband's values are not too high. Diabetes is a disease of lifestyle. When the lifestyle is good with healthy eating habits and regular exercise, Diabetes control can be excellent. Most the times, it needs medicines for life time. Your husband's reports are just above the normal range. This can be controlled with a small dose of oral anti-diabetic drugs like Metformin.