Raised white scar on hand. Not sore or infected.Is it normal?

I recently had a scan on my arm that has turned Into a raised scar kind of like he scab was a bit raised. It is not sore or infected. It is a raised white scar with a not of pink in the middle. Is this normal?
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Andy Fine 58 minutes later
Yes XXXXXXX this is very common to have a scar or scab that turns into something raised like this and it is nothing to worry about. It may heal with time and may take several months to completely go away. It is not severe, or sign of underlying infection. If there is no underlying fluid or mass, it is unlikely to be a pus pocket or an infection. I hope this reassures you. Have a great day.