Raised, red dot on breast, MRI showed indeterminate enhancing lesion. Could this spot have registered on the MRI?

I have a raised red dot not quite as big as a pea on the skin on my left breast which showed up several months ago. It looks like a large blood blister. A doctor who examined me said it is nothing to be concerned about.
I recently had a mammography, ultrasound and an MRI to check for breast cancer. They showed a suspicious spot ("indeterminate enhancing lesion") in that same area of my left breast. Could this spot have registered on the MRI? The MRI radiologist asked me about scars on my breast. I pointed out stretch marks which had thrown off the radiologist who did my ultrasound. He said they are not an issue. The technician who did my mammography specifically marked this spot. I am scheduled for an MRI guided needle biopsy. I will point it out to the radiologist but wondered if I should ask my gynecologist about this issue before the test.
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
The raised red dot on the breast is likely to be a blood vessel abnormality like a small hemangioma. MRI is likely to register the spot. The intermediate enhancing lesion in the area needs to be investigated.
MRI guided FNAC will help in the diagnosis about the nature of the lesion.
Consulting a gynecologist will not be helpful at this stage.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.