Raised hairless plaques on skin. Having sinusitis and headache. Is this fungal infection or papilloma virus?

Years ago the dermatologist told me "there are some things you just have to live with." I would be in sad shape if I had not found ways to control the spread and intensification of the disease. It is not readily spread to others (no one has contracted it from me). I may have a resident infection in my sinuses or intestinal tract. It may involve an inadequate immune response. My guess is that it is a fungal infection(80%) or papilloma virus (20%). I do not intend to tell you your business but provide my experience to help you understand what I have learned of its properties. *** What tests need to be made? What systemic prescription medications are likely to be effective (The plaques are wide spread)? Could you provide me with a prescription? What is the likely infectious agent? *** PS My treatment to be effective required my scraping the plaque down to the live skin cells preferably without bleeding. If I created an open sore it often formed a granular cap that needed to be removed and treated for healing. It has been eradicated in some areas but I have not been able to completely keep other scratches, cuts and abrasions from becoming infected. The agent seems to be widespread. Thank You, XXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
upload an image of the ocncerned lesions

Detailed Answer:
The description is just not enough to think of a diagnosis.
Fungal infection persisting for so long seems unlikely and moreover antifungals did not help you
warts or epidermodysplasia verruciformis could be a possibility

These lesions could be psoriasis, darrier's disease, verrucous epidermal nevi , seborrheic keratosis etc.

I have just mentioned the possibilities where lesion persist for prolonged periods and may recur.

Your lesions need clinical examination. So please upload images of these lesions to help you further.
Without seeing the lesions, I wouldn't be able to comment further.

You have a feature to upload the images by yourself on the right side of this query page. Please utilize it.
Hoping to hear from you soon.