Raised bumps near stitches after removal of skin lesion. Is it part of the healing process and will they go?

Question
I had a skin lesion removed 4 weeks ago, stiches out after a week, but I have a couple of small raised bumps near where the stiches were (external ones). I assume its part of the healing process and they will eventually go?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 59 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

I have gone through your query and I shall try my best to help you.

The raised bumps near the stitches then they can be:
- allergic reaction to any sticking plaster if there is any.
- subcutaneous fluid collection at the point of stitches.
- Inflammatory condition secondary to some minor trauma.

The bump is likely to resolve in a few days. You need not worry. Avoid manipulating it with bare fingers.

In the meanwhile watch out for any associated symptoms like:-
-itching and burning;
-redness and pain on the raised spots

You may need to seek medical attention if such symptoms occur.

I may be able to narrow down the possibilities if you could post an image of the lesion here; you can use upload image/reports feature to post a picture.

Hope this answers your query. Do accept the answer if you do not have any further queries.