Raised ASO level. Had body pain, difficulty in swallowing, headache, loss of appetite, ear pain, diarrhea. Advise?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi Doctor ..
Im 22 yrs old
Before around a week, i had weird symptoms like "pain in my body, Difficulty in swallowing, Loss of appetite for food, Pain in the whole body, headache, feeling weird things, and i just had pain in my left ear when i touch it, sometimes i hear some weired sounds from my stomach, some times i have Diarrhea and sometimes no (changes in my stool)"
I made a blood test and my Anti-streptolysin o titer was positive (400) .. which is more than 200.

What do you think?
Posted Fri, 1 Jun 2012 in General Health
Follow-up: Raised ASO level. Had body pain, difficulty in swallowing, headache, loss of appetite, ear pain, diarrhea. Advise? 7 minutes later
btw, i vomitted when i forced my self to eat!

i vomitted twice only
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Your symptoms and a raised ASO titre is suggestive of an ongoing infection in your body which may cause rheumatoid arthritis.
An extensive antibiotic treatment is needed to take care of your symptoms and repeat ASO titre evaluation is recommended to guide the antibiotic treatment.
You need to consult your physician for an initial evaluation and specific treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.