Quitting smoking, pain in spinal cord, loss of self control, pain in shoulder, back. Treatment ?

1) I have a strange problem i think, i am trying to quit smoking & typically when there is a craving i get lot of pain around my spinal,i did have a small accident 10 years back tht is when i 1st had severe back pains few years later it kinda erased but sometimes it does without any medication.

2) I loose my self control when tensed,angry , my body kinda cant keep in control i feel the nerves holding me back my body feels all over stiff cant make much movements if i do i feel pain on back shoulder , neck etc & i keep walking or shouting or if eating then eat a lot or get intense at whatever i am doing like working intensely,if on call i keep talking n talking, if smoking then too much smoking & with all these my emotions n feeling i unwantingly start sharing with anybody around even somebody whom i wud have met only once n hardly talk to me.
I dont know is this effect of smoking, 2 suicide attempts abt 16 years back or my childhood habit of staying alone thinking a lot which happens even now at times tht i have worked hard to get over with n gud success but still its elements reflect.

4) My habit of thinking a lot , sometimes try to solve problems n achieve many things just in thoughts like love friendship happiness around me even peace by just hinking & thinking & thinking.

Occassionally once in 3-4 months only i drink.When with friends or alone.
Beer or vodka as long as i can manage that burning body heat,

I dont know whts with me - typically i dont want to psycologist as a doctor had suggested me once to do so. Please advise.

Thanks & Regards XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 25 hours later

The issues with thoughts are better solved by discussing about thoughts; the interaction of such manner is called counselling, which can be done by psychologist and psychiatrist.

I understand that you may not like them as they try to act too professional. But trust me for having improved, non depressive thought process, such interactions are very important. You may also start sharing thoughts in chat rooms that will keep u open for many people who would like to help you.

It does look like that you suffer from some sort of bipolar disorder, which may require some drugs. The drugs that affect mind have to be used judiciously, so its extremely important not to avoid doctor consultations/advice in this matter.

I hope my answer motivates you to pursue treatment. Feel free to ask further.