Quit smoking. Noticed bump on face and bigger left breast. Any connection?

Dec 2012

I quit smoking 3 months ago and all the sudden I get a bump on my face and then my left breast gets bigger and occasionally if hurts real bad . It hurts mostly during bad weather. Its a burning pain.
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I doubt if it is cigarette withdrawal

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

The symptoms you have described are most likely not related to you quitting cigarette. The facial bump and swollen painful breast might not also be related and if they are indeed related, then we need to start looking towards an autoimmune condition.
I would have loved to have a description of the facial bump or at least the picture so as to know the size, surface consistency, color etc so as to determine what type of bump that maybe.
As for your painful swollen breast, we need to rule out breast tumor especially breast cancer (even though it does not occur suddenly but gradually over time). So you will need breast cancer screening first or other breast mass.
Other possible causes are mastitis which is caused by presence of bacteria which can be treated with antibiotics.
You need to see a gynecologist who can get you examined, run some tests and ones the cause is determined, a suitable treatment option will be indicated.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Feel free to provide follow-up queries for further assistance.
Dr. Nsah