Quick pulse on left side of neck, temple, left arm pain, fatigue, diaphrea, EKG normal. Treatment ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
last hard pulse left side of neck, left temple, left arm hurts. I am 60 yrs. old 5 ft 2 in. weight 133. Had an ekg and it was fine , also exhausted at times with diaphrea
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 14 minutes later

I am not very clear of your statements, kindly do re-phrase.

Have you had any chest pain

Any shortness of breath

Any vision disturbances

Any weakness of a limb of your body

Pain of the temple could suggest headache as a result of side effect of the medication that you are presently on unless you have any other associated problems in vision, giddiness, weakness of the arm etc.

Do get examined for heart condition because in your age and given risk factor of high cholesterol may prone you for cardiovascular complications.

Pain in the arm could be due to degenerative disc disease which you have as well, especially if associated with neck pain at the back. You should avoid bending forwards as much as possible. Use good lighting at work. Get physiotherapy and proper medication to reduce chance of pain and further disc damage.

If you have any generalised body pain it could also be side effect on the medication.

Diarrhoea if that is what you were referring to, could be due to possible infection of the gastrointestinal tract. Do keep well hydrated and eat healthy. You can also use WHO-Oral Rehydration Solution to keep proper electrolyte balance.

Do consult your Doctor to rule out causes of this issue and rule out XXXXXXX conditions.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up query.