Questions about what kind of medicine I need to get

Neurologist
Question
Questions about what kind of medicine I need to get on for all of my disorders plus high blood pressure I have chronic back pain had MRI showed arthritis in my lower back my left leg is shorter than my right which causes my whole body do I defrag I have carpal tunnel and also fibromyalgia I want to be able to be stable online mental meds and I also take meds for my pain what can I do
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Head Injuries

Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Several medications may be considered.

Detailed Answer:
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.

Of course there is no single drug for all conditions, but there are medications which aim to alleviate your symptoms. It might have been useful if you provided your full list of medications, what has worked and what not, so that we do not risk mentioning something you may already have tried.
Since what seems to bother you more is the chronic pain, then medication about chronic and neuropathic pain is used. The most common first line medications are antidepressants like amitriptyline, nortriptyline, duloxetine or anticonvulsants like pregabalin, gabapentin. They are used both for chronic arthritis pain as well as fibromyalgia. They may help with carpal tunnel symptoms as well, but the best treatment for carpal tunnel if splinting hasn't worked would be surgery.

As for the blood pressure management, it should be measured regularly and if repeatly above 140/90 that means current medicaiton is not enough, several classes may be added like ACE inhibitors (lisinopril, ramipril), ARB (irbesartan, olmesartan), diuretics, etc. Should discuss their use with your primary physician.

I remain at your disosal for other questions.