Qualitative test done. What are the findings? Am I pregnant?

May 2013
ok so i receive my hCG,Beta Subunit,Qual,Serum results yesterday. they read as follow; results 69.70 flags; N UNits miu/ml Reference INterval Negstive <6

My question is, i thought a qualitative test was going to give me a Yes or No answer , Not a number with a negative on the side, can u please explain this to me? em I pregnant? WHat does the numbers and the reference mean?
I uploaded my results so you can check them out. thanks
i need to know if im pregnant or not, based on the blood results. What does it mean to have 69.70 as results, but negative <6 as reference?
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 5 hours later

Yes, usually qualitative test will mention presence or absence of pregnancy and quantitative test will give the beta hCG levels.
Anyhow this can differ from lab to lab.
According to your report:
-Pregnancy test is positive, as the beta hCG levels are above 25 mIU/ml.
-I think flags N indicates 'normal', that your hCG levels are corresponding to your gestational age.
If you mention your last menstrual period, menstrual history and any infertility treatment history we can discuss this better.
-Negative < 6 is the lab reference value, means with less than 6 mIU/ml beta hCG value the pregnancy can be excluded.

So, finally according to your report you are pregnant unless there is any history of beta hCG injection for ovulation induction.
If you mention your lmp I can elaborate better.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.