Quadriplegic. Had bad cold sweats. Having pain. Have high ESR no fever. Guide?

I am a quadriplegic. i have recently had bad cold sweats went to doctor as generally means pain. i have v high ESR but no fever. can you advise
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later

Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR) is a highly non specific marker of inflammation. A higher values is also found in physiological conditions such as pregnancy and anemia.

I understand you are quadraplegic and had an episode of sweating without fever. However the details provided is not sufficient to be able to comment further. Please elaborate on the symptoms you had. Did you have generalised body aches?
Since when are you suffering with this neurological deficit (quadraplegia)? May I know the cause of quadraplegia?
How high was your ESR count and was any other tests performed along with it? Can you be able to upload the results of the test performed on this page using the site's uploader.

Please provide me with as much information as possible. I would be able to analyze and comment on it better after hearing from you.

Best Wishes...