Quad test result, fetal heart rate, AFP, HCG results. NT scan done. High risk pregnancy ?

yes, thank you.
My quad test just came back as follows
Papp-A .97 fetal heart rate at 12 weeks was 172
AFP .95
HCG 2.2
uE3 .69
Inhibin A 1.25
my NT scan came back 1.1 and 1.4 (depending on who did it)
could you advise me . . . I believe I fall into the high risk category, is this correct?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 hours later

The quad test report is interpreted according to the reference values for the pregnancy at that particular time. You need to send the complete report and period of gestation at which the test was carried out for complete evaluation.

Fetal heart rate of 172 is normal at 12 weeks.

NT scan showing nuchal thickness of 1.1 and 1.4 is absolutely normal for a pregnancy more than 11 weeks. It does not suggest any congenital abnormality in the baby.

Quad screen is a screening test and not a diagnostic test. This test only notes that a mother is at risk of carrying a baby with a genetic disorder. Many women who experience an abnormal test result go on to deliver healthy babies.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.