Putty like vaginal discharge, pimples on vaginal area since long. What?

Question
I HAVE A PUTTY LIKE DISCHARGE THAT I HAVE NOTICED AND I WAS WOUNDERING WHAT IT COULD BE ALSO I WAS WOUNDERING ABOUT PIMPLES ON THE VAGINAL AREA WHICH I HAVE HAD FOR ASLONG AS I CAN REMEMBER I GET REGULAR CHECK UPS AND WAS CHECK ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 hours later

The vaginal discharge that you have noticed is most likely due to a vaginal yeast infection. A vaginal swab culture will confirm the diagnosis.

Treatment is usually done with topical antifungal vaginal suppositories in most of the cases. Topical antifungal like Clotrimazole may help you. It is a topical cream actually which is inserted into the vagina. You can get this prescribed by your doctor.
I recommend you to see your doctor as soon as possible for an examination and appropriate medical management. This will usually respond quickly with a properly selected antibiotic.

The pimples in the vaginal wall that you have noticed are most likely the normal vaginal mucosa rugosities. There is nothing to worry.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Regards.