Pus in vagina, had herpes. Recurrence?

ENT Specialist
I had what looked like a mosquito bite right at the top of my vagina. After 2 days it got smaller and was filled with pus. It is now just a little red line, looks a bit like a cut. Do you know what this could be?
I am 30 and had a herpes outbreak over 2 years ago, nothing since, is this a recurrence?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 1 hour later

First of all I want to clear this that your problem is not related to herpes in any way as herpes produces multiple tiny pustular lesions, so don't worry.

NOW, I would like to tell you the exact mechanism, of this problem.

1- It could be a Mosquito bite or a bacterial infection of the glands present in that region. This produces the inflammatory process at the site, leading to pain, redness, swelling, hot etc.
2- The vagina consists of many flaura and bacterias, at the site of the bite the cells become more suseptible for infection, due to their loss of function.
3- After this, due to bacterial infection, locally, the micro abscess formed, and finally it resolved, leavind a small scar.

I feel there is no need to worry about this problem, just keep the area clean and if recurs or worsens then it would be better to see a GYNEC as she might examine completely and treat you accordingly.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.