Pus in the urine and pain while urination after intercourse. History of HIV positive. Medication?

dear sir i am hiv patient ( wife also), i am married, two days back i had sex with my wife without day onwards i am getting pain at urine time and pus is coming out in my pennis like small drops...pls tell me suitable medicine for me...
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 7 hours later

Your symptoms of burning micturition with pus discharge are very much suggestive of Urethritis. This may be because of some infection-Gonnococal/non gonnococal.

You need Microscopic examination of Pus discharge. This will confirm the diagnosis.

A course of antibiotics like Cefixime can cure Gonorrohea. You can get examined by Dermatologist so that proper work up can be done. In view of HIV positive status of you and your wife, (even if she is asymptomatic), both needs treatment.

Hope, your query is answered. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Dr Rohit Batra
Follow-up: Pus in the urine and pain while urination after intercourse. History of HIV positive. Medication? 11 hours later
dear sir i need medicine present know for relaxation...bcoz i am in out side here my personal doctors are not available that's why i am contact with you....
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 9 hours later

Thanks for your followup query.

I am sorry this forum is not a prescription platform. Since you have a potentially immune deficiency problem it is important to get proper antibiotic after culture.

Even if your doctor is not available you can XXXXXXX alternate physician which your doctor would have appointed in his absence. XXXXXXX him he will be able to guide you better.

Take plenty of water too.

I know I shall not be able to help you completely but this is the limitation without physical examination.

Dr Rohit Batra