Pus from vagina after intercourse, pain in lower abdomen when orgasm reached, 69 yr old. Is this normal ?

Question
Hi I have pus coming from my vagina after intercourse I'm 69 and have had 4 children . This has only happened in the last 6-9 months . There is no smell with it but it is a lumpy yellow and clears up itself after a few hour's, Also I have a muscular like pain in my lower abdomen when I reach orgasm . Is this all normal or should I get treatment. Thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 21 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
Its unlikely that you have pus flowing out as if it that was the case, you would be extremely ill.
If otherwise you don't have any stains or blood spotting on the undergarments, then it might be excess of semen that flows out at the end. With age the space in vagina is decreased due to atrophy, otherwise also it's absolutely a normal phenomenon for whitish discharge coming out of vagina immediately post-coitus.
But at your age other possibilities need to be ruled out before we accept this-
1. Adenocarcinoma of uterus,
2. Carcinoma of Cervix and
3. Pyometra- an infected and pus filled uterus are also fairly common and XXXXXXX
Having lower abdominal pain after intercourse is not normal and needs an evaluation. I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist and get yourself examined. Tests like examination of the discharge, a Pap smear, an ultrasound of the pelvis and uterine aspiration may be warranted.
I hope that answers your query.

Follow-up: Pus from vagina after intercourse, pain in lower abdomen when orgasm reached, 69 yr old. Is this normal ? 36 hours later
Thank you for your advice, would any of these conditions also have symptoms of shooting pains in legs and feeling very tired,no energy especially after 5pm. I need to go to bed about 9pm and I don't feel really well at all and am dragging myself around most day's Regards XXXXXXX.

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 17 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing back.
Please get the advised baseline workup and if you have any infection brooding over there really; then treatment for that will improve your health.
Feeling tired all the time may indicate some endocrine disorder also.
Please also get your Fasting blood sugar and Thyroid profile to rule out diabetes and hypothyroidism as a cause of persisting tiredness.
I hope this advice will be helpful for you.