Ask a Urologist   »  

Pus filled bumps appeared on base of penis. What could this be?

Jul 2016

Throughout the past two weeks, I have developed 1 round bump on the base of my penis where my pupic hairs are. It is pinkish in color, with a white center. Recently puss started to come out of it, like there is small opening now.At first, I believed I had in-grown hairs. However, the condition is worsening. It seems like the bump is drying or rotting from the inside out.There is an itch to the bump. Are there any thoughts as to what this might be?
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Thanks for your query. Based on the facts and photograph that you have posted..
It appears that you have acquired a Staphylococcal Infection of a Hair follicle in common terms called as Boil or a sebaceous cyst, which got infected.
Please take effective antibiotics like Doxycycline along with anti-inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily after getting prescription of these drugs from your family Physician.
It should be cured in a week.
Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.